About Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, known by its IATA ECP, is an open-air terminal 18 miles at the northwest of Panama City, Bay County. The Panama City-Bay County Airport claims the air terminal and Industrial District and is north of Panama City Beach, Florida, close to West Bay. It supplanted Panama City-Bay County International Airport (Fannin Field, PFN), which was in Panama City.
The air terminal opened for business flights on May 23, 2010, and is the first international air terminal in the United States structured and worked since the September 11 assaults. The air terminal presently has no booked universal flights because of the little populace in the encompassing regions and the way that the interest for appearance to Panama City is, for the most part, provincial and additionally national. The air terminal authority initially chose to name it Northwest Florida–Panama City International Airport, however carriers, and the overall population requested that the air terminal position utilize an increasingly territorial name.
What To Expect At ECP Airport (Capacity)
The air terminal spreads 4,000 sections of land (1,600 hectares) at a rise of 68 feet (21 m). Runway 16/34 is the main runway. It is concrete/scored, 10,000 feet (3,000 meters) in length and 150 feet (46 meters) wide. There are plans to fabricate one crosswind and one equal runway as traffic increments. The rise for Runway 16 is 68.6 feet (20.9 m). The runway has a 4-adjusted PAPI light framework (glideslope: 2.83°), a MALSR approach light, centerline lights, and touchdown zone lights. The runway has an instrument approach that incorporates S-ILS or LOC/DME and GPS RNAV. For general avionics airplane, the runway utilizes left traffic design. The far edge of Runway 16, the height for Runway 34, is 53.7 feet (16.4 meters). This runway has a 4-adjusted PAPI light framework and centerline lights. This runway has a GPS RNAV or LOC/DME instrument approach. For general avionics airplane, the runway utilizes left traffic design.
History Of ECP
The Panama City-Bay Industrial District and County Airport (Airport Authority) began searching for approaches to expand the air administration in the Panama City region in the late 1990s. The old air terminal had been worked in 1932, with booked help starting in 1948. Nonetheless, it needed more space to extend. Proposed thoughts included utilizing the present air terminal property and broadening the present short runways into St. Andrews Bay or into private neighborhoods, movement of the air terminal to another site, or collocation with Tyndall AFB. With solid restriction to broadening the runways into an earth touchy straight or into neighborhoods, the air terminal authority started to look for movement destinations. The position got provisional endorsement to construct another air terminal in northwestern Bay County in 2001. In 2005–2007, the authority acquired the required permits.
The air terminal suits the movement needs of the various guests to the zone's vacationer attractions and seashore towns, while moreover supporting the corporate business movement, military preparing, and recreational flying. Occupants at the air terminal, for example, merchants, concessions, rental vehicles, what's more, aircraft upkeep, add to its monetary effect. The air terminal hosts Fly-In occasions for the network and goes about as a recuperation arranging territory for the network during cataclysmic events. The fixed base administrator (FBO) at the air terminal as of late extended so as to upgrade the degree of administration to its clients. The air terminal additionally underpins the conservation of open space with 9,000 sections of land of ecological alleviation encompassing the air terminal.